Women's Foot Care
Our Award-Winning Physicians Can Help Treat & Relieve Your Foot, Heel & Ankle Pain
Although most painful foot conditions can affect people of all ages and genders, some tend to be more common in women than in men. Biology is part of the problem; women’s feet tend to be structured differently from men’s feet, plus they can change even further during pregnancy. The other part is cultural—specifically, shoes. You’ve probably got a closet full of cute shoes. But not every pair might be so good for the long-term health of your feet.
At Waco Foot & Ankle, our doctors specialize in helping women overcome their foot problems so they can go back to living active, busy lives without pain!
Common Foot Problems for Women
Some of the issues we see most frequently are listed below.
- Toe deformities, such as bunions and hammertoes, are much more common in women than in men—about ten times more common, in fact. Footwear certainly plays a role, but so does genetics. Bunions and hammertoes tend to run in families.
- Pain in the balls of the feet. High heels, which concentrate all of your weight on the front of your feet and toes, can be a major culprit. Ball of foot conditions include swollen nerve tissue (neuromas), irritation of the sesamoid bones, and others.
- Collapsed arches. For both men and women, arches tend to flatten and widen with age. However, women who are or have been pregnant are at increased risk. Not only do you carry more weight at this time, but hormonal changes cause joints to loosen as well.
- Heel pain conditions are extremely common among all ages and genders. Athletic overuse, unsupportive footwear, pregnancy, and being overweight can all play a role. The Heart of Texas Heel Pain Center, founded by the Waco Foot & Ankle team, is specially equipped to deal with issues related to women’s heel pain with state-of-the-art treatments and procedures.
- Skin conditions like blisters, corns, and calluses are often the result from walking all day in shoes that don’t fit. Women are also susceptible to dry skin and cracked heels. Finally, sunburn on the tops of feet can be a serious issue for those who love their sandals and flip flops in the summer sun.
Prompt Attention for Women's Feet
At Waco Foot & Ankle, we understand you don’t have time to slow down! Whether you’re experiencing pressure at work, hustling the kids from place to place, running or playing sports, trying to get some walking or shopping in, taking care of the house—or, more likely, trying to do it all at once!—your life is constantly busy. When you add foot pain to the mix, you just can’t do the things you want and need to do anymore (or at least not without being miserable).
An active, happy lifestyle must begin with a firm foundation. Our podiatry team is fully committed to fixing that foundation as quickly, completely, and non-invasively as possible so you don’t have to put your life on hold. Sometimes, the best solution is as simple as banishing your heels and flip flops to the back of the closet and finding shoes that are stylish and practical. In other cases additional care, such as custom orthotics, physical therapy, or surgery, may be warranted.
We’ll always take as much time as needed to talk with you about your condition, understand your needs and goals, go over all your options in detail, and help you select an effective treatment plan that best fits your lifestyle.
One thing to keep in mind—the longer you put off seeing a podiatrist, the greater your risk that a simple problem will become a major one. So don’t keep ignoring your foot pain! Make an appointment with the women’s foot care specialists at Waco Foot & Ankle today! Request an appointment online, or call us at (254) 776-6995.
At Waco Foot & Ankle, our team of highly trained, award-winning physicians is guided by a simple goal—helping you recover as quickly as possible from whatever is hurting your feet or ankles, so that you can go back to living the lifestyle you enjoy.
We provide a full range of services for almost all common (and not so common) injuries, illnesses, deformities, and other conditions of the feet and ankles. And we listen and work closely with you to develop a custom treatment plan that works best for your condition, your goals, and your lifestyle.
Read on to learn more about the conditions we treat, and some of the advanced services we provide.
Millions of Americans suffer from heel pain on a regular basis, for a wide range of reasons—shoes, occupations, hobbies, structural problems with their feet, and more. But heel pain is not inevitable. And at our Heart of Texas Heel Pain Center, the doctors of Waco Foot & Ankle can diagnose and reverse your heel pain using a variety of both traditional and advanced methods, including stem cell therapy and MLS laser therapy.
Texans love to play—whether that means football, soccer, baseball, running, or any other sport! Unfortunately, that can often lead to painful, sometimes even debilitating injuries to the feet and ankles. Fortunately for you, the team at Waco Foot & Ankle offers advanced care options for traumatic injuries like sprains and broken bones, as well as overuse injuries like shin splints and stress fractures. The goal, of course? Getting you back in the game at 100%, as quickly and as safely as possible.
While almost all foot problems can occur in both sexes, some conditions are just much more likely to develop in women due to differences in foot structure, biochemistry, and even popular footwear styles. Our physicians are experts in dealing with common women’s foot problems—including bunions, hammertoes, and skin conditions—and can provide multiple treatment options to best suit your individual needs and lifestyle.
Did you know that about 25% of people with diabetes will develop a foot ulcer at some point in their lifetime—and that nearly 100,000 Americans per year require amputations to stop the progression of diabetic wounds with uncontrolled infections? At our office, we provide advanced wound care—including the use of amniotic stem cells—to heal diabetic ulcers, venous stasis ulcers, and other types of lower extremity wounds as quickly as possible.
Other Conditions We Treat and Services We Provide
In addition to the specialty areas mentioned above, the Waco Foot & Ankle team provides the highest quality care for a wide variety of other conditions. Click any of the buttons below to learn more about our service areas.
MON - THU | 8:00am - 5:00pm
FRI | 8:00am - 4:00pm
201 Colonnade Parkway, Suite #100
Woodway, TX 76712